The Importance of Hiring a Quality Local Roofing Company
Working with a quality local roofing contractor is the first and most important step in making sure your roofing project begins correctly. A good local roofer will know all the required installation codes to follow, any paperwork that is required, and will carefully guide the project through to a successful installation in compliance with state requirements. While codes and compliance may not be high on your priority list today, it will be when your sell your home!
Another important reason to source your roofing needs from a local company is availability should any problems arise in the years following your roof repair or installation. There are many contractors who come into an area from out of state, undercut the local roofing companies, and put up signs advertising the work being done in your neighborhood, attracting your attention as well as your neighbors. The work is done quickly and poorly, with no warranty on their workmanship. Once the workers leave, that out-of-town company is no longer accessible by phone. That is why local and established roofing companies far outweigh the potential cost savings!
What to Look for in a Local Roofing Contractor
Here are the important questions to ask before you invest tens of thousands of dollars in your roof.
- Is the roofing company licensed, bonded, and insured?
- How long has the roofing contractor been in business?
- Does the roofing contractor offer warranties on their workmanship?
- Is the contractor certified by roofing manufacturers?
- Can you easily reach the roofing company by phone?
- Does the roofing contractor have local working address vs. a P.O. box or out-of-state address?
- Is the owner of the roofing company available to answer your questions or concern?
- Does the roofing contractor have positive reviews? And more than just a handful?
In general, if a roofing company has been in business for many years, has a lot of solid reviews, stands behind their workmanship, and is certified by roofing manufacturers for the installation of the roofing shingles you have chosen, then you will benefit from a long-lasting roof for your home that will look and perform for many years to come.
Are you Ready to Hire a Local Roofing Contractor?
At Harlan Quality Roofing, we have been providing excellent roofing products and the best roofing services to greater Sacramento since 2005. Check out what our happy customers are saying about our professional approach to the installation or repair of your roof. Call us today for a free estimate and consultation.