Whether your roof is aging, needs a small repair, or experienced some storm damage and you are filing an insurance claim to repair or replace your roof, finding the right roofing contractor can be challenging. Choosing a reliable and trustworthy roofing contractor in the Roseville area is your first step in repairing post-storm damage or getting an estimate for roof repair or replacement. Harlan Quality Roofing will help guide you throughout the claims process with your insurance company and ensure that your home is restored to its original condition as quickly as possible.
Here are a few simple steps you should follow:
1. Find a Reliable Roofing Contractor
The homeowner insurance claim process is usually prompted by an emergency repair. To restore the comfort, safety, and privacy of your home, you will need to have the repair or replacement done as soon as possible.
That’s why you’ll want to find a contractor you can trust— a local professional like Harlan Quality Roofing can get the job done quickly and assist with your claims process.
2. Vetting Your Contactor
It’s important to find a reliable roofing contractor so that your repair or replacement can be done as quickly as possible. To determine the best professional fit for your roofing project:
- Visit the website of the contractor.
- Is it updated and professional looking?
- Explore the customer reviews for each contractor.
- Are they mostly positive? Consider negative reviews and responses.
- Ask each roofing contractor on the phone the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- How much experience do you have with roof repairs or installations?
- What is your project estimate?
- Can you provide a list of references?
- Can you provide proof of insurance for personal liability, worker’s compensation, and property damage coverage?
- Do you offer financing?
3. Meet with Your Contactor
Meet in-person with your top contractors to review project-specific details and expectations. Be sure to discuss the following with each contractor:
- Ask for proof of insurance, which should provide their insurance company name, policy number, and policy limits.
- Discuss who will manage warranty details and responsibility.
- Make sure to get a fixed price before signing a contract.
4. Check for Warning Signs
Unfortunately, there is a small percentage of contractors who are not honest professionals. Many of these door-to-door contractors flock to areas impacted by storms, and scam unsuspecting homeowners with offers that boast pre-payment or covered deductibles.
The best way to avoid scams is to choose a local, trusted contractor like Harlan. You can confirm this by checking their physical business address and validating their licensing.
Here are additional warning signs to keep in mind:
- Avoid contractors who request the entire project cost, or large cash deposit, up front.
- Avoid anyone who pressures you to sign a contract immediately.
- Be wary of any outliers in your quotes. All estimates should be relatively similar unless the material type is significantly different.
5. Final Things Before Work Begins
At the final meeting, there a few steps to go over before the roofing contractor begins your project.
- Reconfirm your initial quote.
- Agree upon a payment plan.
- Obtain a paper trail of the following:
- Your contract
- Project plans
- Order changes
- Bills and invoices
- Proof of insurance and/or permitting, and
- Contractor correspondence
There are many roofing contractors in the Roseville area and the staff at Harlan Quality Roofing wants to make sure you choose the right contactor for your project. We encourage you to visit our website and see our great reviews from all the popular review platforms. We are proud of our service and strive to have as many happy and satisfied customers in Roseville and the entire Sacramento area. Feel free to contact us with any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you.
Harlan Quality Roofing
For Quality and Service… You’re in the Right Neighborhood!