The temperatures in Northern California are gently climbing. Daffodils, crocuses, and tulips are breaking ground. As we approach spring, it’s time to inspect your roof to be sure the winter wind and rain did not damage your roof. It is also important to get your roof and gutters free of leaves and debris.
One simple way to inspect your roof is a visual ground inspection. Walk the perimeter of your home to view as many of the facets of your roof as possible. If you have a pair of binoculars, this is a great way of getting a close up look without climbing onto the roof itself.
Some homes are built on a hillside or with an architecture that does not allow for all roof surfaces to be seen from the ground. In that case, a climb onto to the roof to inspect may be necessary. If climbing onto the roof is not something you are comfortable doing, then call a trusted roofing company to do the inspection for you.
Roof Inspection Checklist
Whether you or your roofing company performs the inspection, here are a few recommendations for a successful annual inspection that we recommend at Harlan Roofing:
- Visually inspect all roof surfaces.
- Remove any debris. Leaves can easily be removed with a leaf blower.
- Check your roof for damage. Look for missing shingles, damaged shingles, or shingles that are buckling.
- Check your flashing. Torn or missing flashing need immediate attention.
- Check your attic. Walk around the attic and look for signs of water or light intrusion. Check for signs of mold.
- Check your gutter and downspouts to be sure they are all intact and clear. Properly moving water away from the roof is important and loose or dangling gutters can pull shingles or flashing loose over time.
Reach Out To Our Team for Quality Roofing Services
Taking care of your roof is just as important as maintaining your car. So much is as stake when it is neglected. If you need assistance with a roof inspection, give us a call or use our online contact form. There have been a lot of homes damaged this winter due to high winds and rain. Getting your home inspected, and repaired if necessary, can save you money and extend the life of your roof.
Harlan Quality Roofing
For Quality and Service… You’re in the Right Neighborhood!